Position Title: Grants Manager
Reports to: CEO
Exempt Status: Full-time Exempt
Location: East Liberty Office
Schedule: 37.5 hours per week (schedule is flexible, but requires some early morning, evening, and weekend availability)
Position Summary: The Grants Manager coordinates all aspects of researching, tracking, and applying for grant opportunities from private foundations, corporate foundations, government entities, and community investment groups. Responsibilities include securing funds for new initiatives through proposal writing, evaluating existing initiatives through analysis of available data, monitoring grant implementation, and reporting program performance metrics and outcomes to funders and community partners.
Qualifications: EDUCATION – Master’s degree in a related field preferred (Bachelor’s degree in a related field with extensive relevant experience may qualify). EXPERIENCE – 2+ years experience writing successful funding proposals and coordinating donor relations. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS – Ability to work independently and in groups; attention to detail; strong writing and research skills required. TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES – Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. OTHER – Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance meeting State requirements. Criminal History and Child Abuse Clearances will be processed.
Key Responsibilities: An effective candidate in this position will…
1. COORDINATE GRANT-SEEKING by researching funding opportunities; composing high-quality applications and letters of interest; completing and submitting all required follow-up reports; developing and maintaining a database of funders, histories of giving, due dates, and ongoing reporting requirements; convening with CEO and designated program staff to identify funding needs; and meeting in-person with funding source representatives.
2. DEVELOP NEW PROGRAMS AND INITIATIVES by researching community resources and needs; securing support from key community organizations, government entities, funders, and other relevant parties; working with subject matter experts and experienced service providers to plan interventions; and ensuring that all project-related goals, objectives, and activities are met.
3. DEVELOP AND SUSTAIN EXTERNAL PARTNERSHIPS by identifying and networking with potential agency partners; cultivating relationships through on-going communications with key contacts; and sharing agency performance metrics at regular intervals.
4. MANAGE EITC GIVING PROGRAM by composing and submitting annual “Educational Improvement Tax Credit” applications for approval; researching potential EITC contributors; preparing materials to send to EITC prospects; and following up with contributors through phone contacts in order to assess their reasons for giving.
5. PRODUCE ANNUAL REPORT by coordinating with relevant staff and graphic designer to plan the report’s content and appearance; assigning related tasks to the appropriate staff; setting deadlines and tracking progress; and revising drafts of the Report.
6. DOCUMENT AND SHARE AGENCY IMPACT by collecting match stories and quotes; soliciting feedback from mentors and mentees; developing new data collection and survey tools; and fulfilling all grant-related reporting requirements.
7. SUPPORT GENERAL PROGRAMMING AND AGENCY OPERATIONS by assisting with administrative functions, participant recruitment, and implementation of large agency-sponsored events.
8. ADVANCE THE AGENCY by serving as a core member of the fund development team; attending all required meetings; and successfully completing all assigned tasks in a timely manner; and contributing through time and effort to Bowl for Kids’ Sake fundraising efforts.
9. PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Core Competencies: As an employee of the organization, an excellent candidate will exemplify…
1. COMMITMENT TO MISSION / VISION by consistently sharing the organization’s message in a positive, accurate, and compelling manner; representing the organization positively in the community; prioritizing child safety and youth outcomes; advocating for youth mentoring programs; and demonstrating loyalty to the brand.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE by being friendly and respectful; communicating accurately about who we are, what we do, who we serve, and what we need; promptly meeting consumer’s needs and responding to their requests within reason; and referring consumers to quality alternative resources when the organization is unable to help.
3. PROFESSIONALISM by complying with all organizational rules, regulations, and protocols; maintaining appropriate appearance and demeanor; and treating co-workers and consumers with integrity and respect.
4. COMMUNICATION by interacting clearly and respectfully through all mediums of communication with all appropriate parties; engaging consistently in active listening; and contributing positively to a well-informed staff and transparent work environment.
5. TEAMWORK / COLLABORATION by sharing ideas and accepting feedback from others across job positions and departments; working positively and effectively to develop and maintain external relationships; and working together with co-workers and consumers to ensure child safety and promote positive youth outcomes.
6. QUALITY OF WORK by delivering high-quality results in a timely manner and asking for help and/or feedback when an assignment falls outside an area of strength or comfort.
7. CROSS-CULTURAL COMPETENCY by seeking to understand contributors to unfamiliar attitudes and behaviors; working effectively across cultural, social, economic, and other potentially uncomfortable boundaries; and avoiding judgments against co-workers, consumers, or community partners.
8. INITIATIVE by voluntarily acting outside the job description to meet consumer’s needs, assist co-workers, or otherwise advance the organization’s mission.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents in this position.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Jan Glick at firstname.lastname@example.org.